Thursday, March 8, 2018

Two sister missionaries (Mills and Toone) recently had an automobile accident (fortunately there were no injuries). Their car was in the shop eight days for repair. When they got it back they noticed that the odometer had an additional 231 kilometers on it, so they called me. I was impressed that they noticed the kilometers, and that they had the good judgment to inform me.

I called the shop manager and told him about the odometer. He was nice, but told me that his people had been with him for years and nothing like that had ever happened before. However, he offered to do some checking.

He called me back about an hour later and said that he checked three shop vehicles and discovered that they were all low on gas, though he knew they should have been near full. He said that he had one person in mind who might be responsible, and that he would confront him, then let me know what happened.

The manager called me today and said that the employee confessed to taking the gas and driving the mission vehicle. The manager said that as restitution he would deduct $1000 from the cost of repairing the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment